Zhejiang Gongshang University (ZJGSU)
Zhejiang Gongshang University (ZJGSU) is a public university located in Hangzhou, which is the capital city of Zhejiang Province and borders Shanghai in the east of China. The University has a student population of over 25,000 and offers forty-six bachelor degree programs, thirty-seven master degree programs and three doctor degree programs in the fields of economics, administration, science, engineering, law, literature and arts.
ZJGSU is earnestly seeking more links with institutions of higher learning overseas in the area of education and scientific research, including faculty and student exchange programs.
- One of the safest cities in China, according to a number of authoritative national polls
- One of the seven ancient capital cities in China
- One of the most livable cities in the world by the UNESCO in 2001
- One of the two best tourist attractions in China by the Tourism Association of the UN in February, 2007
- One of the most suitable cities for foreign direct investment in China
- The first among the best cities for doing business in China by Forbes Forum
- One of the ten most economically competitive cities in China
Programs Offered in English:
Over 100 programs in Chinese medium
Zhejiang is the name of the province and "Gongshang" is the Chinese pronunciation of two Chinese words meaning "business and technology," signifying that Zhejiang Gongshang University is a public higher educational institution administrated by Zhejiang Province and focuses on the fields of business and technology.
Facts and Figures:
Established in 1911, named "Hangzhou Business School"
Renamed "Hangzhou University of Commerce" in 1980
Renamed "Zhejiang Gongshang University" in 2004
Awarded "Grade A" in the evaluation of Bachelor Degree Programs by China's Ministry of Education in 2007
Domestic students: 25,000+
Foreign Students: 500+
Domestic students: 1,900
Administrative staff: 675
Campus Size: 140 hectares or 350 acres
Library with a collection of over 2.4 million volumes of books, 11,000 kinds of magazines and journals and with online services.
ABOUT HANGZHOU CITY:
Population: 3.8 million
Area: 16, 847 square kilometers
Distance from Shanghai: 2 hours by train or car
History: 2100 years, Capital in Wu Kingdom (A.D. 220-280) and the Song Dynasty (A.D. 1127-1279)
All domestic flights available in Hangzhou
International flights to/from Hangzhou: Hong Kong, Macao, Osaka, Seoul, Tokyo
Buses and trains running between Hangzhou and Shanghai at frequent intervals